Friday 12 March 2010

Massive Fail four eyes! and, so much for democracy....

Well, did I get a decent night's sleep last night after a couple of glasses of wine? Nope! Massive Fail! as they say nowadays.

Oh well, never mind I'm sure I'll get over it, besides, I'm starting to become inured to it. I float through everyday life like a genuine stoner; like I would if I had started the day with a big fat reefer! So, why complain? Unfortunately, the negative side effect is that I tend to come across as a complete mong. I realise that some might say that: a man not listening to his other half is completely normal, and, in fact, innate to any male, but I am actually trying! Try as I might I just can't stop myself drifting off into some kind of semi-conscious state and thinking about something else entirely when she talks at me. I truly regret this and I am working to overcome it, but in the meantime, I am thus totally bereft of any comprehension skills due to a lack of sleep. Sorry darling.

I read an article in the Guardian yesterday that made me furious and lead me to question a few things. Apparently, we live in a democratic society and therefore in theory we have a right as individuals and collectively to 'have our say'. The issue in question was Afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is unpopular in Britain and as it stands the 3 main political party's in this country support it. Therefore, we (the general public) do not have any say in the matter whatsoever. Our opinion counts for nothing. Now, Politics is something I have only very recently started to take an interest in. Even after a very short period of actively reading about it and trying to understand it I am finding outrages such as the above. It is unfortunate that one of the first things I find out is that we don't have a say at all, about any of the important issues, like Iraq, Afghanistan or Politicians expenses and Europe. All too often it seems that both Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats seem to conform to the same opinion on things, and if they do it means that we the public don't get our voice, even if it's clear that the majority of us think the same way. I think it's outrageous. I am a complete novice as far as Politics goes so if I appear naive, but is there not any type of Political philosophy that allows the public as a whole to have their say? Well, if not, there should be.

Rant end.





No comments:

Post a Comment